WSDOT is continuing work with local partners to modify the design of the project and reduce the cost while maintaining key benefits. Faced with a $13 million funding gap identified during design alternative analysis, in March 2021 City of Longview officials worked with other project partners to apply for the second time to the Infrastructure for Rebuilding America (INFRA) discretionary grant program for the IWOW project.
After the first INFRA submission in Spring 2020, WSDOT worked to incorporate USDOT feedback and modify the design to reduce overall project cost while maintaining key project benefits. This application includes changes such as new traffic modeling which considers traffic delays due to future train crossings and provides a more informed justification for those projections. We will share more information when we hear back about the INFRA grant.
You can review grant materials below.
- INFRA Grant Application Project Overview 2021
- INFRA Washington State Legislature Support Letter 2021
- INFRA WSDOT Support Letter 2021
- INFRA Cowlitz County Support Letter 2021
- INFRA City of Longview Support Letter 2021
- INFRA Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Council of Governments Support Letter 2021
- INFRA Application Appendix 2021